Jobs at Faith Church:
We are called to build an authentic, diverse community of thinking, committed disciples who are growing in faith and changing our community and the world through Christ’s love. If you would like to be part of a small staff who, together with committed lay volunteers, leads this effort, we would love to hear from you.
Faith Church is called to build an authentic, diverse community of thinking, committed disciples of Jesus Christ who are transforming our community and the world through God’s love. The Communications Director supports this call by directing and coordinating communications that go from the church to constituents, and from congregation to community utilizing print, electronic, web, and social media.
- Within Faith Church, create and implement strategies that connect and celebrate community:
- Design/oversee, write, edit, and produce all church communications:
- Worship bulletins
- Worship slides
- Newsletters (print and/or electronic)
- Website and social media posts
- Brochures, mailings, invitations, booklets
- Annual reports
- On-site signage.
- Highlight inspirational stories featuring members of the congregation.
- Work with the Lead Pastor on written communication products as requested.
- Oversee management of church phone system (user experience).
- Between Faith Church and the surrounding community:
- Serve as coordinator and contact for local media, together with the Lead Pastor.
- Maintain consistent brand across church communications.
- Serve as the official photographer for events (maintain photo library, find/select/edit images to accompany written and web media).
- Attend staff and leadership meetings as appropriate.
- Develop and manage annual budget for Communications.
- Uphold Faith Church’s Safe Church Policy.
- Maintain current First Aid and CPR training and be trained as a Safety Advocate (or equivalent designation).
- Other duties as assigned.
- Understanding of communications strategy and generational/cultural differences (and/or willingness to learn).
- Familiarity with Protestant/United Methodist doctrines (and/or willingness to learn).
- Graphic design experience (InDesign, PhotoShop, Illustrator, etc.), knowledge of print specifications and productions, and bulk/mass mailings.
- Organizational, verbal, and written communication skills (writing, editing).
- Ability to work independently and with diverse teams (including volunteers), prioritize deadlines, receive feedback and make adjustments as needed.
- Knowledge of online and social media platforms and website creation/management.
- Good interpersonal skills to connect with diverse individuals and families, receive feedback, and respond flexibly.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills and ability to speak articulately in public forum.
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, marketing, or related field (desired).
- Experience (5+ years) in journalism, public relations, mass media, and/or graphic design (desired).
- 20 hours/week with potential for job growth depending on the success of the position.
- Must be available for major religious holidays (Holy Week/Easter/Advent/Christmas Eve).
- Paid Sick Leave
- Part-time, non-exempt
Please contact us below: